Monday, October 26, 2009

Dating Pool at My Age Needs Chlorine and a Lifeguard

well.. about 95% of the time. I did have some success Saturday night which I'll fillabitch in here in a minute.. but first- the sad part.

Apparently- if you're a professional (with any sort of degree or good job), older (I'd say over 40) mother on the dating scene, you are prime meat for scammers. I mean Grade-A prime meat. I seem to attract a plethora of these wingnuts.

here's one that just landed into my okstupid mailbox

"Oct 26, 2009 - 7:58am
well am chris Stephen by name am 39 year old gentle man ........am a widowed i lost my late wife three years agos in an auto car accident and that was the same year i lost my father the same way. i do hav one with me he is 15 year old boy his name is johnson . am building and construction enginner .....am a type of a man that is totally ready for a truelove relationship ....... this all i want offer a woman am going to love honest, caring, loyalty, kindling. christianity , saved , trustworthy, romantic, financially, understanding , loving, joyfulness, maturity in love,fun, sex,happiness, joyfullness, (LOVECONVENANT), pureheart, puresoul, and TRUELOVE......that is all what am going offer a woman cuz all woman deserved more that ..........well am seriouly looking for a serious relatioship . you try to reach me on my private emial adress (StephenDonald34@yahoo.com) so that we can hav heart to heart conversiation for each other. "

Here's my PSA for these. To a T - these jokers are in the construction field in some capacity. Either a builder, architect (but when pressed- they're really not), or plain construction. To a T- they have either lost their wife in child birth or in a car accident (typically around a holiday and may or may not have had the child die with them) - I guess it's a play on your heartstrings, ladies. To a T- they do not live near you and are looking to move. To a T- eventually their poor grammar or English comes through (as you can see above- with the three years agos). To a T - they want to YIM with you almost immediately. If any of you single gals come across ANYONE like this.. RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN! Srsly.

I had great fun messing with a joker about 2 months ago. The guy claimed to be from Florida, Claimed to be a grad of University of Miami. Something didn't seem right. Could have been the phrase "what will you like to know about me". Could have been the phrase "we will wait for you" when I said I would BRB. Dunno what it was, but something seemed like he was flip flip flipping through a dictionary to talk.. so- when he revealed he went to U of M, as shock- an architect, I decided to mess with him and find out. Being the wise cracker I am, I wanted to see if he was flipping through a dictionary. I said "University of Miami, wow.. I love watching those Miami Tsunamis" - his reply back "oh yeah". My response- BLOCK.

Fool.

So ladies- run if you come across fools like these. Oh- these are just a few. I've had double digits contact me. At least I'm not a fool cause this chick and her money won't soon be parting over these idjuts.

6 comments:

  1. Marie, I hear you loud and clear! The losers come out of the woodwork like cockroaches in the night, upon thinking that they have even the slightest chance of garnering the affection of certain ladies. I'm glad you're smart and onto their tactics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I mean- just look at all the horrid grammar in that message! to top it off- okstupid is on to them because an alert came through with this message about not sending money. I didn't realize that until AFTER I blogged.


    I've had contact with some honest gentlemen on okstupid- so it's not a first contact issue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even I, who isn't as astute as most where grammar is concerned, was wincing in pain while reading his correspondence to you! A money scam artist, aye? Good use of your noggin and instincts! Thumbs up to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You left out the part about "hit the road Jack" when Mr. architect asked you about your favorite song.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my- Richard- that was not mr architect.. but that's another story I do need to blog about!

    ReplyDelete